Pumpkinman Triathlon Sprint, Olympic, Half October 25, 2014 Start @Boulder Beach, Lake Mead Finish @Wilbur Square Boulder City, NV… minutes to the Las Vegas Strip Register Now Register for the same distance at Rage & Pumpkinman at the same time and receive the $10 Double Down discount!
This point to point race begins at Lake Mead and ends at Wilbur Square in Boulder City, just 25 miles from the Las Vegas Strip. With Sprint, Olympic and Half distance events, and a bike course you won’t soon forget, Pumpkinman is the perfect race for the whole family! Don’t forget your Halloween costumes… winners will be chosen!
Sprint Tri Courses
750m Swim / 12.4mi Bike / 5k Run
Olympic Tri Courses
1500m Swim / 24.8mi Bike / 10k Run
Half Tri Courses
1.2mi Swim / 56mi Bike / 13.1mi Run
Official Race Photographer
|LV Action Images is the official race photographer for the Pumpkinman Triathlon. You’ll be able to check out your race photos online after the event! Or watch for a link to your photos in the post race email.|
The Hacienda Hotel, with views of Lake Mead is a gateway destination to historic Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Grand Canyon and a short drive to the Las Vegas Strip! The adjacent community is rich in culture and natural history with an abundance of outdoor recreational activities. Located less than 2 miles from the start-line, the Hacienda Hotel is the closest hotel to the race venue!
|11/01-11/08||Through 12/31||Through 8/31||Through 10/22||PPU|
Transition Area 1 – Boulder Beach, Lake Mead
Transition Area 2 – Wilbur Square, Boulder City Click on the maps for a closer look or printable PDFs.
Thursday, April 10th
Location: McGhie’s Suite 100, 19 S Stephanie St, Henderson, NV
Friday, April 11th
Location: Wilbur Square 999 Colorado St Boulder City, NV
Race Day Directions: Google Maps from Wilbur Square to Boulder Beach
Important! Packet Pick Up Rules & Policies
- You must drop your run gear at T2 on Friday. There will be overnight security.
- No one will be allowed to pick up your packet for you. Please do not email in asking for an exception as this is a USAT requirement that will not be ignored.
- All relay team members must be present together to pick up their packet – no exceptions.
- If you are unable to pick up during this time, please select Race Day Packet Pick Up when you register. Race Day Packet Pick Up will cost an extra $10 to allow for extra staffing on race morning, so all other staff can prepare safety checks.
- Late registration will be accepted if space allows, but neither checks nor credit cards will be accepted. Please bring cash.
|Thursday, October 23rd|
|Athlete Check In & Packet Pick Up||McGhie’s Henderson||4:00p-7:00p|
|Top Triathlon Tips Talk||McGhie’s Henderson||5:00-6:00p|
|Friday, October 24th|
|Mandatory T2 Gear Drop||Wilbur Square||3:00p-8:00p|
|Athlete Check In & Packet Pick Up||Wilbur Square||3:00p-8:00p|
|Bike Mechanical Support||Wilbur Square
|Pre-Race Stretching & Massage||Wilbur Square
|Multisport Expo||Wilbur Square
|Course Review with Race Director, Cedric Keppler||Wilbur Square||5:30p-6:30p|
|Saturday, October 25th|
|Transition 2 Opens||Wilbur Square, Boulder City||5:00a – 4:00p|
|Race Day Check In & Packet Pick Up||Wilbur Square, Boulder City||5:00a – 7:00a|
|Transition 1 Opens||Boulder Beach, Lake Mead||5:30a – 9:00a|
|Body Marking Available||North & South Entrance of Transition 1||5:30a – 8:00a|
|Bike Mechanic Support||Top of Transition||5:30a – 7:00a|
|First Adult Wave Start - Wave Start Schedule Below||Boulder Beach, Lake Mead||7:00a|
|Posted Results||Timing Trailer||8:30a – 4:00p|
|Post-Race Meal Served||Post Race Tent||9:00a|
|Swim Cut-Off||Boulder Beach, Lake Mead||9:00a|
|Bike Cut-Off||Bike In/Out||1:00p|
|Course Closed||Finish Line||4:00p|
|Swim Start Schedule|
|Wave Divisions||Swim Cap Color||Start Time|
|Half Male Age Group + Clydesdale||Red||7:00a|
|Half Female Age Group + Athena + All Relays||Light Purple||7:05a|
|Sprint Male 39 & U||Green||7:15a|
|Sprint Male 40 & O + Clydesdale||Royal Blue||7:20a|
|Sprint Female 39 & U||Neon Pink||7:25a|
|Sprint Female 40 & O + Athena + Relays||Silver||7:30a|
|Sprint Beginners (M&F)||Sky Blue||7:35a|
|Olympic Male 39 & U||Neon Orange||7:45a|
|Olympic Male 40 & O + Clydesdale||Red||7:50a|
|Olympic Female 39 & U||Yellow||7:55a|
|Olympic Female 40 & O + Athena + Relays||Light Purple||8:00a|
Awards / Results - The top 3 winners will be awarded and results will be posted in the following groups. All finish times will be calculated using the appropriate gun time so please BE SURE YOU START IN THE CORRECT WAVE.
- Overall Male / Female
- Age Groups
- Weight Groups
- Relay Teams
Parking – Event parking will take place near T1 at Lake Mead on race morning and spectators are encouraged to drive up to T2 in Boulder City after the conclusion of the swim. Shuttles will only be provided to transport ATHLETES back down from T2 to T1 at the conclusion of the race. Attention Athletes: If you decide to ride your bike back to T1 YOU MUST FOLLOW THE RIVER MOUNTAIN TRAIL BACK TO LAKE MEAD as entering the park any other way would require another park entry fee.
Raffle – Don’t miss the awards ceremony & raffle! All athletes will be eligible to win!
Shuttles – Shuttles will run between 10:00am and 4:30p for ATHLETES ONLY.
Split Transition – Run gear should be dropped off at T2 on Friday between 3-8pm.
- Transition area 2 in Boulder City will be open on Friday during packet pick-up. All athletes MUST drop their run gear during this time. Overnight security will be provided.
- All athletes should arrive at Transition area 1 at Lake Mead on race morning with their swim and bike gear only.
- Each athlete will be responsible for packing their own swim gear and attaching the bag-check tag provided on your run bib before taking off on their bike. Loose gear that has not been secured inside a bag will be available at Lost & Found later in the day.
- Do not GIVE OR HAND OFF your swim gear to a spectator to PACK AND/OR TAKE FOR YOU to the finish area as this would be considered outside assistance and could result in a USAT time penalty.
Gear Bags – BBSC transition bags will be sold at packet pick-up on Thursday and Friday. If you do not plan to purchase a transition bag from BBSC, please plan on using your own bag.